Monday, September 29, 2008

a wednesday of r + r

Two of my favorite people are coming to Chicago on Wednesday which is great except for the fact that I have to choose between the two...

Rolf Potts will be reading from his latest book, Marco Polo Didn't Go There, at the Bookslut reading at an Andersonville favorite - Hopleaf. He'll be joined by Dubravka Ugresic and Peter Ferry. If you're a big fan of travel writing - this is where you need to be. The book readings are held in the upstairs special events room - usually fills out quickly so grab two pints, and snag your seat early.

Rachel Yamagata will be at the Lakeshore theater. She'll have two performances, one at 7 and one at 10. Tickets are $20. Her mellow Happenstance album would be the perfect soundtrack for today's gloomy weather. Don't get me wrong though, girlfriend gots soul. I think I'll be doing double duty on Wednesday, going to try to hit up both events!

No comments: