Sunday, February 17, 2008

a night of blunders...

After finishing off a bottle of wine, the girls and I headed over to Lumen to check out the Saturday night west loop scene. I haven't been to Lumen since last fall so I was happy to see that business has picked up quite a bit. I was unhappy that we had to wait in line to get in when there was sleet pelting our faces and my max mara jacket. After 20 minutes, the line had not budged so I walked over to one of the front door guys sporting an ear piece and asked if we really had to wait. He asked me if we had any guys with us...nope! He told me to get my girlfriends and come right on in. We bypassed the 20 people or so ahead of us and they welcomed us in. I was surprised to see that the lounge was not packed at all! It was more to keep up with that Miami chic concept of exclusivity. Lots of table service and generally people having a good time inside.

After getting some really strong drinks, we hung out in the middle of the lounge to check out the scene and was approached by a group of guys celebrating a birthday. I was thoroughly unimpressed when the birthday boy kept a grip on my arm and kept releasing spit on my face as he spoke. Gross. After that rain shower we headed over to the bar where a skinny trendy sort of guy came up to me and professed his love for asian women. Great...he then goes on to tell me why he loves asian women including they're super thin, can cook, great style and good in bed. Are you kidding me? He gave me his business card and begged me to call him. Right...

Around three, we called it a night and walked back to my place. While laughing out the evening's blunders, this car full of ghetto-fabulous gangstas drove up to us and one of the guys asked if we could hook them up with weed. Now I thought I'd heard it all, but this? Hilarious.

No comments: